Did You Know?
- Over 90% of poison exposures happen at home with household products.
- Common chlorine bleach is the #1 household chemical involved in poisoning.
- Organic pollutants, found in many common cleaners and even air fresheners, have levels 2 to 5 times higher inside your home than out.
- Common cleaners give off fumes that can potentially increase the risk of kids developing asthma, the most common chronic childhood disease.
- A person who spends 15 minutes cleaning soap scum off shower walls could inhale 3 times the ‘acute one-hour exposure limit’ for glycol ether-containing products (set by the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment).
- 1 in 13 school-aged children has asthma. Rates in children under five have increased more than 160% from 1980-1994.
- Animal poisoning exposure cases totaled over 131,000 in 2005 with dogs accounting for 89% of the cases.
- If your home is anything like the average U.S. home, you generate more than 20 pounds of household hazardous waste each year (the EPA designates toilet cleaners, tub and tile cleaners, oven cleaners, and bleach as hazardous waste).
Some food for thought—There are over 75,000 chemicals registered with the EPA and less than 20% of them have been tested for toxicity.
Toxic ingredients you should know
- Sodium Hydroxide: Causes 75% of all caustic injury to the esophagus of kids under 5 years old; can cause burns in tissues, chronic skin irritation; irritation to the respiratory tract; liver & kidney damage. Found in—Chlorox Clean-Up Spray; Soft Scrub Liquid Gel; Lysol Toilet Bowel Cleaner; Comet Cleanser with Bleach; Clorox Bleach Pen; Tide Ultra Liquid.
- Hydrochloric Acid: Can cause severe damage to skin and eyes; throat irritation even when exposed briefly and at low levels; linked to reactive airways dysfunction syndrome (sounds like asthma to me). Found in—Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner; Lime-A-Way Bowl Cleaner; Febreeze Laundry Odor Eliminator.
Shaklee’s Get Clean™ offers you cleaning choices that are SAFE, POWERFUL, GREEN, and SMART. Because when it comes to keeping your house clean and the earth safe, you shouldn’t have to choose. When you use Get Clean, you’re never simply cleaning. While you make your home cleaner, you can make your family healthier. You also make the planet healthier for other families as well.
What’s In Your Get Clean Starter Kit?
This multitalented set is all you need to start cleaning your way to a healthier home. It’s an amazing value that lets you make a positive impact on your budget as well as a positive impact on our planet.
- Basic H2® Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate, 16 oz. (1)
- Germ Off Disinfecting Wipes, 35 Wipes (1)
- Nature Bright® Laundry Booster and Stain Remover, 32 oz. (1)
- Dish Wash Concentrate, 16 oz. (1)
- Dish Washer Automatic Concentrate, 32 oz. (1)
- Fresh Laundry Concentrate HE Compatible, Fragrance Free 32 oz. (Liquid) (1)
- Soft Fabric Dryer Sheets, 80 sheets (1)
- Dish Washer Automatic Concentrate Dispenser (empty) (1)
- Nature Bright® Dispenser (empty) (1)
Including all the accessories you need to get really clean:
- Organizer Caddy (1)
- Spray Bottles (3)
- Windows and Mirrors
- Dropper Pipette (1)
- 1/4 oz. Dispenser Pump for 32 oz. Bottle (1)
- Laundry Measuring cup (1)
- Dual Measuring Spoon (1)
- Cleaning Accessories (4)
- Super Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Super Microfiber Window Cloth
- Super Microfiber Dish Sponge
- Miracle Scrubber Pad
EVERYTHING You Need To Clean Your ENTIRE Home for MONTHS (powerfully, safely and with NO Toxic chemicals)…
Click the image above for more information on this and
many more quality Shaklee products and supplements!