FACT: One in three adults in the U.S. has high cholesterol, which can affect anyone at any age, and can negatively impact heart health and cardiovascular function over time.
People with high cholesterol have a higher risk of developing heart disease compared to those with optimal levels. Among the culprits are genetics and diet.
Some people are predisposed to high cholesterol and produce more of it in the liver, while others get too much from the foods they eat— foods such as bacon, hot dogs, and sausages that also contain high amounts of saturated fat.
These foods may sit well on your palate, but without proper measures to control intake and reduce body cholesterol levels, they can lead to some major health challenges.
Did You Know
- A 10% reduction of LDL (‘bad’) cholesterol equates to a 10-20% decrease in heart disease risk.
- If you eat foods such as pizza, hamburgers, and steak on a regular basis, you may be increasing your chances for developing high cholesterol.
- The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends consuming no more than 300 mg of cholesterol a day; those with heart disease should consume less than 200 mg of cholesterol.
- Men tend to have higher cholesterol than women. However, after menopause, cholesterol levels in women increase due to a decline in estrogen production.
Plant Sterols and Stanols
So how, exactly, do plant sterols and stanols work?
- Plant sterols and stanols are ingested from food or supplements.
- Because they are structurally similar to cholesterol, plant sterols and stanols compete for absorption in the intestines.
- Plant sterols and stanols bind to receptors in the intestines, leaving cholesterol behind.
- The net result is that less cholesterol is absorbed by the body, and less ends up in the bloodstream.
Introducing Shaklee Cholesterol Reduction Complex. A proprietary formulation with clinically proven ingredients that help prevent the absorption of cholesterol and lower LDL (‘bad’) cholesterol.
It contains plant sterols and stanols that, when added to a healthy diet, have been shown in numerous studies to significantly reduce LDL cholesterol.
- Made with a powerful blend of sterols and stanols, which are found naturally in plants, fruits, vegetables, and grains.
- Delivers 2,000 mg of plant sterols and stanols daily.*
- Plant sterols and stanols have been clinically proven by more than 80 studies to lower LDL cholesterol.
- Delivers daily 100% of the National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) recommendation for plant sterols and stanols.
- Gluten free.
Click the image above for more information on this and
many more quality Shaklee products and supplements!
*Products providing 800 mg of plant sterols and stanols daily, consumed with two different meals, and are part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. Cholesterol Reduction Complex provides 1,000 mg of plant sterols and stanols per serving, and 2,000 mg daily when used as directed.