These five components need to be in place for us to drop body fat as efficiently as possible:
1. Hormone Balance — There could be imbalances that aren’t affecting metabolism directly but they’re affecting things like energy and sleep quality. This plays a huge role in fat loss and your ability to work out or even stay moving during the day.
A lot of people have it backwards. They feel like they need to lose weight in order to be healthy. The reality is, you need to be healthy in order to lose weight.
2. Sleep — Many people have a type of night-eating syndrome. They don’t eat much during the day—they skip breakfast, get a sandwich at lunch and maybe have a big dinner…and then just start snacking after 5:00 p.m. Then until around 10:00 p.m., it’s like a finger-food snackfest!
This is largely due to sleep disturbances the previous night, which increases a hormone called cortisol the next day. Cortisol has been known to cause blood-sugar dysregulation, but also gives you energy.
When you have blood-sugar disturbances, how do you raise blood sugar again? By eating carbohydrates—things like bread or chips…and this is going to cause a problem. But since it also gives you energy, it can affect your next night’s sleep as well. It’s a bad cycle to get into.
If you’re somebody who’s always having that snackfest of carbs at night, you’ll always be in a rat race trying to get yourself lean and lose body fat.
3. Vitamin/Mineral Status — As an example, zinc is an essential mineral that is so tied to thyroid health, it has been demonstrated that repleting a zinc-deficient person actually increased their metabolism by 520 calories per day!
4. Immune System Status — The stronger your immune system, the more often you’re going to be able to move around and do the things you need to do on a daily basis. People who are always getting colds or are always getting sick, are always tired.
Those sicknesses will drain energy, which makes it more difficult to even move around. If you get sick one week out of every month (which is very common), this means that 25% of the year, you’re not doing anything. That’s a huge problem, and many people overlook that aspect.
Also, your immune system helps with recovery from exercise. It’s your immune system’s job to help heal your muscles, so it plays a pivotal role in your ability to get results.
5. What You’re Eating — There’s no getting around this. You need to eat the correct things in order to drop body fat. Anybody who says that you can eat anything you want and still lose weight, is talking nonsense.
If you focus on and tackle even one of these components, it will make fixing the others even easier.
Get help to fix all five components for successful fat loss: Go Here!